PDA

View Full Version : Why HID and not IP restrictions?

AlivE
02-11-2011, 07:02
Im sharing 1 bot account with my friend but im using 2 PC's (old laptop for clientless bots

and main pc for creating scripts and sometimes running here) but because of 1 HID

limitation im forced to buy another account just for myself OR, wait until 00:00, then

create script at main pc and then, wait another 24h to use bot again on laptop... That doesnt make any sense,

why would you put limit to only 1 pc if you are sharing your bot account? Make ip

restrictions but not Hid, im pretty sure that im not alone on this problem. I dont even

understand why would you use such thing as HID limitation (except to make us to buy more bot accounts...) and not IP like **** does...

BlackFx
02-11-2011, 08:44
You have already answered it yourself. =)

AlivE
02-11-2011, 09:12
No i havent, i just explained why i need ip restrictions and NOT hardware.

graphic
02-11-2011, 09:26
maybe your country is IP limited? and if you and ur friend are SURE that noone of you used mBot on any EXTRA PC / laptop HID wouldnt bother you.

AlivE
02-11-2011, 09:41
1. maybe your country is IP limited?
2. and if you and ur friend are SURE that noone of you used mBot on any EXTRA PC / laptop HID wouldnt bother you.

1. i play rsro that dont even have ip limit to bother me.
2. what do you mean? 1 bot acc = 2 HID/PC so if i share WITH friend and he uses 1 HID only 1 left for me, i cant use on 2 PC's even when i PAID for bot...

And i explained WHY i need to use on 2 pc's but i havent got answer why mbot is using HID and not ip restrictions.

DoaD
02-11-2011, 10:50
due to security considerations there will be no such system that relies on IP only.
the restriction will stay bound to the hardware id.

BlackFx
02-11-2011, 13:55
1 bot acc = 2 HID/PC so if i share WITH friend and he uses 1 HID only 1 left for me, i cant use on 2 PC's even when i PAID for bot...

You pay for a subscription. And this subscription allow you to use mBot on 2 Computers ( you got 2 licenses). If you share it with your friend, than you give one (licenses) away. If you want to use it for your 2 computers, then your friend can not use your mBot account.

Same like other programms. You got 1 Windows license? This allows you to use it on a computer. (legal way)

I think doad will not change this system.

closed*

Low_Riders
02-11-2011, 15:33
[...] im forced to buy another account
No, you are not.
It is up to you if you want to share your account or not.
mBot is not meant to be shared anyways.
Read: Accountsharing (http://botters-heaven.net/showthread.php?1098-Accountsharing)

im pretty sure that im not alone on this problem.
Currently, you are.

and not IP like **** does...
**** also has a HID limitation.